Love animals? Want a rewarding challenge? Come and volunteer with us at Cyprus Pride House! Here’s what volunteering involves:
What We Require From You
Firstly, volunteering with us is really hard work – IT IS NOT A HOLIDAY. The needs of the animals come first and everything we do revolves around their care and well-being:
- You must be healthy, energetic, honest, hard-working and organised. A passion for animals is a must. Non-smokers only. We need someone who can work on their own initiative, being responsible and dedicated to their duties.
- People with animal experience and knowledge are preferred. We do give you full training to the work and our standards.
- Minimum stay is two weeks.
- Cleaning up after the pets, including the kennels and cattery.
- Walking dogs in the tranquil countryside.
- Interaction, cuddling and play.
- General maintenance.
Hours of Work
Hours can vary and are not set. This is a guideline, as it depends on what animals we have at the time and their individual needs.
- 7 am to 10 am.
- 12 noon to 1 pm.
- 4 pm to 6 pm.
- 10 pm to 11 pm.
What We Provide
- Non-smoking accommodation here in our home at Cyprus Pride House.
- Everything needed for the animals.
- Airport transfers.
- A warm welcome!
What You Need to Organise
- Arrange and pay for your flight to Limassol (we can pick up/drop off at the airport).
- Money for your food, drink and general spends.
We live in the Troodos Mountains, Cyprus, where it is peaceful and tranquil. There is a village nearby, as well as a supermarket, places to eat and wineries. The main town is 45 mins drive away.
“Working for June and Michael at Cyprus Pride House is probably one of the hardest things I’ve willingly done; however, one of the most rewarding. If you have a passion for animals then this is the place for you. Although challenging, building a friendship with the animals was what made it worth it. You’ll notice that each cat and dog has a different personality and you’ll fall in love with every one of them, I certainly did. I’m never going to forget my time at the shelter and I’ll always cherish the memories I made with the animals as well as June and Michael. If you’re up for a challenge and willing to put the animals first then I fully recommend you plan your volunteer visit today!” – Josie Arnold, CPH volunteer.
If you love animals and would like a challenging, but rewarding experience, get in touch – we’d love your help.