Love animals? Want a rewarding challenge? Come and volunteer with us at Cyprus Pride House!
What We Require From You
Volunteering with us is really hard work – IT IS NOT A HOLIDAY. This needs to be said right at the start – we need special people to give the animals what they need and have a dedication to our rescue. The needs of the animals come first and everything we do revolves around their care and well-being.
- Healthy, energetic, honest, hard-working and organised.
- An animal lover with a passion for animals.
- A non-smoker.
- Able to work on their initiative, being responsible and dedicated to their duties. People with animal experience and knowledge are preferred – however, we do give you full training on the work and our standards.
- Able to carry out tasks to the best of your ability and ask for help when needed.
- Able to stay at least two weeks. It takes a few days to learn what is needed, so two weeks helps us best.
- Cleaning up after the pets, including the kennels and cattery.
- Walking dogs in the tranquil countryside.
- Interaction, cuddling and play – our pets really benefit from love and attention.
- General maintenance.
Hours of Work
Hours can vary and are not set. This is a guideline only, as it depends on what animals are here at the time and their individual needs.
- 8 am to 10 am.
- 12 noon to 1 pm.
- 4 pm to 6 pm.
What We Provide
- Non-smoking accommodation here in our home at Cyprus Pride House.
- Everything that is needed for the animals, including their food, treatments and medication.
- Training and experience. If you are looking for a career in animal welfare, volunteering at our rescue is an excellent way to learn hands-on what it really involves.
- Airport transfers.
- A warm welcome! Your time and effort are appreciated and we will support and value it.
What You Need to Organise
- Arrange and pay for your flight to Limassol (we can pick you up and drop you off at the airport).
- Money for your food, drink and general spending.
We live in the Troodos Mountains, Cyprus, where it is peaceful and tranquil. There is a village nearby, as well as a supermarket, places to eat and wineries. The main town is a 45-minute drive away.
“Working for Cyprus Pride House is probably one of the hardest things I’ve willingly done; however, one of the most rewarding. If you have a passion for animals then this is the place for you. Although challenging, building a friendship with the animals was what made it worth it. You’ll notice that each cat and dog has a different personality and you’ll fall in love with every one of them, I certainly did. I’m never going to forget my time at the shelter and I’ll always cherish the memories I made with the animals. If you’re up for a challenge and willing to put the animals first then I fully recommend you plan your volunteer visit today!” – Josie Arnold, CPH volunteer.
If you love animals and would like a challenging, but rewarding experience, get in touch – we’d love your help.