Adopting a cat or dog from Cyprus Pride House is straight forward. Simply fill out an application form, send it to us and we will discuss a suitable pet for your home and situation, and arrange a home visit. The full process is detailed below the video.
Adopting is Straight Forward
- Download the adoption form: PDF | Word | Open Document
- If you need help completing the form, please contact us.
- Email the completed form to us at: email@example.com
- We chat about a suitable dog or cat for you and your family – see all our pets for adoption.
- A home visit is arranged and, if you are successful, you secure the adoption straightaway with the minimum adoption fee (this fee is non-refundable if you change your mind or for any other reason). Fees as of January 2021 are MINIMUM £150 per cat plus 50-75 pounds travel box which adopters get to keep. For a dog MINIMUM £450 upwards (travel box is returned to us for future use so no charge).
- We would then need you to print, sign, date and post your completed adoption form to us immediately. This would finalise the adoption process.
- We prep all our pets with everything they need: a pet passport, neutered/spayed (if over 6 months of age), all vaccinations and a microchip. Most are ready to fly on the next available flight (which we arrange to fit in with your availability the best we can).
- We keep you informed with progress and flight information.
Your Pet’s Flight and Day of Arrival
- We take the pets to the airport and check them in for their flight in their travel crates.
- Once they have landed, they will be checked in by the airport’s animal welfare team, given a check over and food/water.
- Paperwork is also checked for each pet by the animal care team and, once given the OK, the pet is released to his/her new owner.
- You are free to take your pet home right away!